On the territory of each EU member state there is a national contact point (NCP) in charge of the promotion and implementation of the LIFE Programme on the national level.
The Bulgarian NCP is placed in the Ministry of Environment and Waters (MEW), directorate “Coordination of EU affairs and international cooperation” and consists of a team of experts providing assistance and support to the Bulgarian applicants and beneficiaries of the LIFE Programme at all stages of the preparation, application and implementation of their projects, thus contributing to the successful programme implementation on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Functions of the NCP:
- Consultations to potential beneficiaries;
- Organization of information events for potential beneficiaries;
- Participation in monitoring missions;
- Organizing a national coordination and demarcation of project proposals and beneficiaries;
- Participation in the process of programming and framing LIFE multiannual work programmes (MAWPs);
- Participation in working bodies, groups and events at Programme level.