Instructions for submission of a request for letter of support (A8 form)
Any applicant intending to request from the MoEW a letter of support (Form A8) for his project proposal, should do this in writing, bearing in mind the following instructions:
- The Letter must be addressed to the Minister of Environment and Water, with a copy to the Director of the “Co-ordination of EU Affairs and International Co-operation” Directorate
- The letter should be sent officially to the MOEW, as well as by e-mail to the relevant e – mail addresses of given in the “Contact” section.
- Content of the letter:
- a brief description of the project idea, objectives and expected results;
- partnership (if any);
- the indicative budget of the project;
- the environmental policies which are targeted by the project;
-a justification from the applicant of the reasons why his project should receive the MoEW’s support
- contact persons - name, telephone and e-mail address.
- Attachment to the letter:
- a short summary of the project comprising a description of the project activities (in English if possible) and indication of the thematic priorities and project topics the project falls under.
The verification and coordination procedures within the MoEW’s competent directorates, as well as the preparation and signing of the letters of support by the Minister, require a technological time. In view of this, the National Contact Point recommends the potential beneficiaries to envisage at least 10 working days from the date of submission of their request for support in the MoEW. Only in this way the NCP can guarantee the timely issuance of a letter of support in case that the MoEW engages with such a letter.
With a wish for success,
The National Contact Point team